Phone Number: 1-877-641-7171
Address: Reparto Industrial Correa Carr #2 Marginal, Lote 1 Bayamon PR (Frente Yocomuro Nissan)
Universal Insurance (PR) offers homeowners four types of policies:
- Policy for Residences: This allows you to insure both the structure and the contents of your residence or apartment.
- Policies for Businesses: Businesses can be insured for up to a maximum of $500,000 for the structure and another $500,000 for the contents.
- Policies for Condominiums: Offers co-owner associations coverage for the structure of individual apartments for up to a maximum of $250,000 per unit. Universal PR also offers coverage for the contents.
- Preferred Risk Policy: Offers lower cost protection for houses, tenants and homeowners in low or moderate flood risk areas.
The Universal Insurance Company Offers Flood Protection Through the NFIP
Just to offer a bit of history, the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) was created in 1968. The program was created to ensure that United States homeowners, especially homeowners in high risk flooding areas, had access to affordable flood insurance policies. Before the NFIP you simply couldn’t get affordable flood insurance probably because it happened consistently in some areas and, in fact, under the right conditions, can happen anyplace else given the right conditions.The NFIP program actually works kind of like Obamacare, although there doesn’t seem to be as much partisan hatred of NFIP, probably because it helps a lot of red states. The federal government doesn’t create a public option, even though some countries do that for healthcare and other insurance products, but simply sets rates and coverages. It also mandates that if one lives in certain high risk areas, where flooding is seasonal and not that rare a thing, that you have to purchase flood insurance. The Universal Insurance Company is just one of 79 companies that works through the NFIP.
The Universal Insurance Company Claims That It Offers a Better Deal on Flood Insurance.
The Universal Insurance Company states their flood protection is ‘on solid ground’. Because when flood insurance is backed by the NFIP, then every policy holder gets these benefits:
- No loans to repay unlike with many federal disaster relief packages
- Coverage can be extended to protect valued personal belongings
- Once your coverage is in force, immediate relief may be available through advances or partial payments.
You can make claims through the Universal Insurance Company by calling here at 787-641-7171. You can also fax information to the company at 787-792-4788. To help process your claim, the customer should have his or her driver’s license number and policy number available.